Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to most likely be doing my 56 nomad as a rat. i already have a custom frame made with full air ride. i think im gona be doing the semi gloss black w 20 inch coys. anyway does anyone have any pictures of and tri five nomad semi black or any 56 cars semi black just so i can get some ideas b4 i commit myself

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Nice looking 56... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,763 Posts
Not all black, but close:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive seen plenty of black ones and i had a two tone silver and black belair ht but imlooking for a flat or satin black one

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Black on a TriFive always looks good. Even flat black or black and another colour. Something about the shape of these Chevs and black.

·
Registered
164 Posts
IMHO, 20's are too big for that car 18's are as big as I'd go...I'd actually go 17 but that's me.

The reason the imports car make a big wheel work is that the wheel wells are completely open, our classics are not, so a giant wheel lokks out of proportion...again IMHO

I like the idea of a semi-gloss, flattened paint job. Flat black is harsh, I see them in Cali all the time but a black with a flattening agent in it can get that really cool satin look which shows off the curves on a tri-fives body.

Again IMHO.:anim_25:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that pic is exactly what i wanted to see, as far as the wheel size i have 20x8.5 in the rear and 18x7 up front of my 57 sedan ( search topics i listed and you can see pictures) and the 18s are way to small cause are cars are so big. i was actually going to use 22 in the rear but i did not want to cut up my rear fender wells cause i want the inside of the car to look stock. yes i actually got a nomad to lay frame with 20s and not have to mod the floor in any way. actually the frame sits 1/2 inch above ground cause incase i loose a bag driving i did not want to scrape. but thank you for the picture i am going to go the flat/semi black rout cause i can not stand polishing my 57 every time i bring her out. now all i have to figure out is if im going w a 4l60 or a 6 speed?

·
12,256 Posts
i was actually going to use 22 in the rear but i did not want to cut up my rear fender wells cause i want the inside of the car to look stock. yes i actually got a nomad to lay frame with 20s and not have to mod the floor in any way.
Why would the size of wheel have anything to do with cutting out wheelwells or floor, or "laying frame"? The tires are going to be the same diameter, so the wheels don't change anything.

BTW, I actually think large wheels look best when the car is lowered a lot and the wheels are partially covered, rather than being completely visible.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Why would the size of wheel have anything to do with cutting out wheelwells or floor, or "laying frame"? The tires are going to be the same diameter, so the wheels don't change anything.

BTW, I actually think large wheels look best when the car is lowered a lot and the wheels are partially covered, rather than being completely visible.
Totally agree........... :tu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts