Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried everything in the book to get the lower control arm bushings out of my 57, but to no prevail. Anything more and the arms will be useless. Im on a budget so anything over 150 bucks for the set will be somewhat out of reach.

I found some on ebay (tubular) for 163. They are Chinese knock off's but might be what I get.

Let me know if theres anywhere to buy the stockers.

Thanks,
Troy

·
Premium Member
11,669 Posts
have you tried drilling out all of the rubber and then knocking down, really collapsing, the outer sleeve with a sharp chisel to get them to move. That is how i had to do two of mine. Its pain I know.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,150 Posts
Ive tried everything in the book to get the lower control arm bushings out of my 57, but to no prevail. Anything more and the arms will be useless. Im on a budget so anything over 150 bucks for the set will be somewhat out of reach.

I found some on ebay (tubular) for 163. They are Chinese knock off's but might be what I get.

Let me know if theres anywhere to buy the stockers.

Thanks,
Troy
Seveal things can cause this. One is the inner metal part that is against the shaft. They become welded in place from rust. The orher is the outter metal cover gets expanded against the inner stamped metal part of the arm and will not budge. I know some guys will even use a tourch and burn the rubber out. Stinks a bunch, but it works. If what Dragsix does not work, and the arms and shafts are beyound use. I have pairs of original lower arms that have had the bushing and ball joints removed that I could sell you.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Troy Give Williams chassis works a try for the stockers. There in La Verne right down the road from you. 909 392 1358
Good Luck
Jim:tu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are awesome. Drilled out the rubber, got some pb blaster and worked them out. Wasn't too bad after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.