Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing an Air/Fuel Meter. Right now Jegs has the FAST one for $472. Dual Sensor. Has anybody used this one or another brand? What the Good, Bad and the Ugly?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Have you used the Innovate? This looks a permanent gauge not a tool to check?
That is the one I´m going to get. Alot of guys use it over hear from turbo full tilt race cars to n/a street cars and everything in between. What I have been told is that it´s the fastest system in the market and that is what you need...instant data about your A/F ratio. Yep it can be used as permanent gauge or just as checking tool, there is some features too which you can use with your laptop but that stuff is way too high tech for me :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Looking at purchasing an Air/Fuel Meter. Right now Jegs has the FAST one for $472. Dual Sensor. Has anybody used this one or another brand? What the Good, Bad and the Ugly?

Thanks
I use the dual sensors with FAST readout in the Deuce. It is also a gage/instrument that displays what the results of your A/F is throughout the rpm range. It also can record and playback test runs. You can average all cylinders or do separate banks.
I admit they are not cheap. I had to send mine back three times to get it fixed when I first got it. Then I demanded a new one the fourth time or I would give them bad press on all the forums and car shows. They sent me a new unit and it has worked great every since. That has been about 5-6 years ago.

Hope this helps you.
Don't let my defective unit deter you. I just thought they should have offered a new unit the second or third time. They were easy to work with though.

Don

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Keep in mind: If the unit is used as a temporary "test" device, one of 2 things has to be done, to prevent sensor damage.
Either the system has to be completely installed and working on every drive, or the sensors have to be taken out of the pipes, once the tests are done.
Running the sensors in the engine w/o being powered up, will kill them, as the heater does not work.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I have read they come with plugs for the bungs when not used.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have a innovate lc-1 it comes with a gauge, you can data log with it but it requires a laptop be conencted and it only will give the a/f data, they do have other models that will data log more info but remember the more data inputs the more wiring you need to do. The o-2 sensor the lc-1 uses is a common bosch model that runs about 70$ to replace, what ever brand you go with check on the replacement sensor cost/availibility.
If you install a bung in the exhaust system it needs to be mounted on the upper half of the pipe between about 300-70 degrees so the sensor stays out of any water condensation that collects on the bottom of the pipes.

Regards, Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts