Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Looky what I bought for $1000 bucks!

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Hafrod 
#1 ·
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 115,000 miles, 4 cyl. 5 speed, tires almost new. Some bonehead stole the doors but the previous owner bought some from a salvage. I'll be painting them soon. Had to fix an exhaust leak (nut missing from flange), cleaned connection on printed circuit board for gas gauge to work, tightened adjusting nut on top of steering box, and put bolts back in trans mount (they had fallen out). It was running rough with a very low idle so I fixed some vac leaks and pulled out the IAC valve and it was filthy with carbon. I cleaned it and it idles very smooth now. I buffed it out, changed the oil and need to put on a new valve cover gasket.

See less See more
#20 ·
Yep, the head has been redone cause it popped the gasket. He also had the timing belt changed 2500 miles ago. No AC. I could not live with the brown spray paint over white doors. I stripped the doors to metal and fixed the dents. Detail painted all the hardware and painted the doors satin black. It would have been impossible for me to match the red. I think the black looks good with all the black accents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.