Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get information if you know anyone in southeast florida that has a louver press?? Or anyone that has a 56 chevy hood with louvers that they would like to sell....help please....Bob :sign0009:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I love my louvered hood... It has 96 of them bad boys punched in it... Click on to belairdave's garage to see it... Also had the hood bird removed... :anim_25:with your project... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
I love my louvered hood... It has 96 of them bad boys punched in it... Click on to belairdave's garage to see it... Also had the hood bird removed... :anim_25:with your project... Later, Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
belair dave..hood looks great...I'm having underhood heat buildup problems and, besides looking good, was told this would help....googled to find someone in south florida,but no one listed...

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Before you louver your hood,find someone that has or had one and ask about the effects of salt air on the engine chrome w/a louvered hood.
That could be why you cant find one..:confused0006:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
I believe East Coast Chevy will do it for you.....However, they are not located in Florida.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a shop in Orlando that does the louvres. I am still trying to find out the name of the place. Hope this might help. I will post back when I find the gentleman that had his hood done.

Allen

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
6 million $ Hood...

Years ago I thought I wanted a hood like that until I helped a friend wax his.....whew!!! Quite a job.
You think wax'n Louvers is tough, try paintin' and wet sanding out 116 Louvers without any sanding marks showing around the edge of the Louvers... we now call this "The 6 million $ hood", :eek: as many times as we had to redo it to get it right... the Louvers were punched in Morris, Okla. in 1981... :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts