Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a real nice Billett Specialties LOW Mount Alternator bracket thought it would clear the front crossmember but it dont fit when i installed the engine it hits the crossmember what now ?? any suggestiond or will i have to go high mount ,the Billett Specialties mount was a real nice peice .

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Wayne, do you also plan to install a power steering pump on drivers side? If so, the alternator, pump and associated brackets will need to get along with each other.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
No PS Jim as Rick would say Armstrong PS :sign0020:
Yep...sounds like Rick. The 502 I once had had the same bracket you attempted to use, but it was in a 67 Chevelle which had the room. I would contact Street & Performance for their recommendation.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Being a if a first generation Camaro is not a 67 its crap kind of guy I told my 55 150 it was a 67 SS 396 and bought all the pulleys and brackets I did not have on hand from Ricks Camaro for my BBC. Alt is high on drivers side and PS pump is below it. It all works well and fits nice.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
No PS Jim as Rick would say Armstrong PS :sign0020:
When i feel i need to go to the Gym to get a work out, i just drive the 57 so i can kill 2 birds with one stone, it puts a smile on my face, and my arm get a work out driving it with a 15" wheel with no P/S....hence the phrase ARMSTRONG P/S :sign0020:

You will figure it out buddy.....

Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts