Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im intrested in mounting my alternator low. I know there are some issues ive seen with the alternator hitting crossmember. Has anyone used a mini alternator or notched the crossmember? any pics or info would be great. ive got a 350,with fenderwell headers,forward side mounts, thanks..

·
Administrator
48,728 Posts
Has anyone used a mini starter or notched the crossmember?
Did i miss something or ??????. I thought you were talking about the alternator. :D
I tried a 60 model chevy low mount bracket and it hit the crossmember.
Terry

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just tried to use an alan grove low mount and it did not work. I have 3/4" forward motor mounts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did i miss something or ??????. I thought you were talking about the alternator. :D
I tried a 60 model chevy low mount bracket and it hit the crossmember.
Terry
yea good catch.. i changed it,, looks like everybody that tries this hits the crossmember..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes, I originally had an alan grove mid-mount on the passenger side and it worked great. I only moved it due to adding A/C.

·
Registered
539 Posts
mine is on the drivers side. i can use a small alternator or a 1 wire GM unit. I will try to get pics tomorrow. Its all home made but very simple.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Did you retain stock fuel pump with this
setup?
Yes, I am running an edelbrock mechanical fuel pump and a one wire alternator with the mid-mount bracket. See pic below.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts