Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering should I install new swaybar befor or after the installation of disc brakes w/ dropped spindles and lowered springs? Or does it matter because I have drill the mounting on the lower control arm, dont want to drill twice.

·
Registered
37,237 Posts
Lowering shouldn't affect where you need to drill the mounting holes.

The main issue with lowering later is that the link spacers and bolts may need to be shorter. And you can fix that then.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I have 2“ dropped springs in my 55 and I bought the Addco sway bar, from the instructions from Ecklers it said the flip the "L" bracket that bolts to the lower control arm if you have dropped spindles or 2“ dropped springs. Not sure about other brands of sway bars though.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I was wondering should I install new swaybar befor or after the installation of disc brakes w/ dropped spindles and lowered springs? Or does it matter because I have drill the mounting on the lower control arm, dont want to drill twice.
Just my opinion, but I'd lower it first. I swapped lower control arms and had to re-mount my front sway bar mounts on the frame about an inch forward. It likely had more to do with the LCA's than anything, but if you're doing it all at the same time, you won't lose any time anyway.

I'd get your control arms and spindles in place and then mount the sway bar to be sure.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,453 Posts
don't believe it matters but I put the dropped spindles on first. Used a gene smith sway bar that bolted on with no modification, but sure improved the handling

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did the dropped spindles and the sway bar at the same time. I don't know which had the greater effect but the ride was very much improved.

Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts