Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marty(bloody knuckles) came today & welded the front 1/4s and the inner & outer rocker panels on the 56.
Martys not only a 1st class guy,hes a 1st class welder also:congrats:.Hes going to come back next week to grind everything down and then show me how to skim the welds w/body filler.:party0031:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
more pix

more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Good job OF & BN, but next time I expect to see blood on his knuckles... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good job OF & BN, but next time I expect to see blood on his knuckles... LOL
You will see blood on his knuckles when he finishes the job and I tell him that I am broke :sign0020:(The blood will be mine)

·
Registered
226 Posts
:sign0020:Well I hope he goes easy on the blood O.F. :)
I bet your glad you didn't try to do that today...nasty weather today here in G'ville so I bet it's the same over there. Looks good, and keep it going O.F.:congrats:

·
Registered
240 Posts
A real brave man that welds wearing shorts
Brave? It's more like dumb! :) When you live in Florida, it's either sweat with jeans or burn your legs.
Quarter patches are the hardest part I've welded on a trifive. Lots of metal to move around with the heat! This time I lap welded instead of a butt weld. I think it requires less metal working. I think it turned out pretty good though.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Brave? It's more like dumb! :) When you live in Florida, it's either sweat with jeans or burn your legs.
Quarter patches are the hardest part I've welded on a trifive. Lots of metal to move around with the heat! This time I lap welded instead of a butt weld. I think it requires less metal working. I think it turned out pretty good though.
Do you use a flanging tool when you lap? Just wondering. Nice job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts