Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 56 wagon and i going to install lower tailgate wedges with springs were and how do i install them? Somebody have some pics? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
are you talking about the two black wedges with springs on the ends? If so they go on top of the tailgate to help guide and secure the upper liftgate from rattling. Two screws on the top cover plate hold them in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tailgate wedges

Hello
This is my first post. I'm reassembling my modified 57 Nomad since getting back from the paint shop about a month ago. I had bought new wedges for the tailgate but couldn't remember where they went. My first search for information turned up the post above from July 2013, thanks to conv55. It answered my question very thoroughly and cleared up the confusion. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It goes on top of the tailgate where the lift gate striker meets when closed . The springs seat on two nipples on the tailgate . A chrome cover is then screwed over with two screws . Email us directly if you need further info

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tailgate Wedges

Thanks, Madmooks. I should have thought of emailing you directly since you've helped me before. I haven't installed the upper liftgate yet that you straightened and had rechromed for me. But it sure does look great! I'll post pictures soon. Thx

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
I do not need the info however posting the info and a pic or two might help others. good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts