Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 55 I have 2" lowering blocks on rear (I think,would have to check again) F--d 9" stock width,15x8.5 wheels with 255/70/15. I have to jack up the body,let all the air out of the tires and get them as flat as posible to ever get them off.I know that a different wheel tire combo would probably correct this but hey I like the big tire look! And I also know I cant be the only one in this situation.Just curious what some of you guys carry in your cars or do in the situation of a flat out on the road? Should I get some plugs and a air compressor? Membership to AAA or what?

Also do you guys running 18s and 20s with low profile tires have this removal problem?

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I carry plugs, a can of Fix-a-flat and a small compressor. So far I have been lucky on my road trips.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Your's sounds easy compared to mine. I have to remove most of the suspension :eek:
That's cause you got the wrong year;):sign0020:

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
On my 55 I have 2" lowering blocks on rear (I think,would have to check again) F--d 9" stock width,15x8.5 wheels with 255/70/15. I have to jack up the body,let all the air out of the tires and get them as flat as posible to ever get them off.I know that a different wheel tire combo would probably correct this but hey I like the big tire look! And I also know I cant be the only one in this situation.Just curious what some of you guys carry in your cars or do in the situation of a flat out on the road? Should I get some plugs and a air compressor? Membership to AAA or what?

Also do you guys running 18s and 20s with low profile tires have this removal problem?
I have about the same activities necessary when it's time to get a rear wheel off. :eek:
I carry a big Fix-a-Flat can and a phone... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Your's sounds easy compared to mine. I have to remove most of the suspension :eek:
Yep, welcome to my world :( But on the other hand, I love my 10" wheels with the 275/60/15 combo!

Towing coverage on insurance policy and "phone a friend", I know plenty of wrecker drivers....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts