1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
It says it's a "radio control cable condit". I'd guess it where the wiring went for a motorola two way radio for a police car. It is just a guess, but I had one of those radios in several of my cars in my early days of being a ham radio operater (and I still am) and it was a large cable full of little cables and went from a control head with microphone in the front of the car to the 23 tube radio transiver box in the trunk. It looks like it could work great for that any way!

·
Registered
36,949 Posts
Agree, I think it was a way of routing that cable and protecting it without pulling up the carpet and seats.

But since you had to drill some holes at each end, it might be just as much trouble as pulling up carpet and seats.

What's the difference between an LPO and an RPO?

Thinking out loud here, "RPO" is "Regular Production Option". Is "LPO" "Limited Producdtion Option" or is it some other "L" word?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RPO=Regular Production Option.......LPO are items that are ordered by the customer and installed at the factory I believe.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I've been looking at that option for years and never knew what it was for.
I also suspected it was for some special kind of radio wiring or other electrical equipment.Never actually seen one.
I have a am/fm/cb in dash factory unit I got from a 78 Malibu.Most of it was in the trunk!Lots of wiring!
Mike.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts