Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 03 lq4 for my 57 so i was wondering what intake and manual throttle body would be best to use, f- body? any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Use of a car intake,[LS1, LS6], and retaining the truck accessory mountings, will necessitate moving the idler pulley. This is necessary in order for the t/b to be cleared.
You may also have to use a Vette water pump w/ the ft facing outlet. Use of this pump will require a spacer kit, in order for the pulleys to line up.
You will have to modify the PCM programming to get a tps signal. [This assumes the original engine was DBW.]

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,360 Posts
Keep the truck intake it actually flows as well as the stock LS1's. And save the pain of swapping water pump and pulleys.

But if your want just a better looking "car style" intake. The "best" intake would be a stock LS6 or even a aftermarket FAST intake.

What harness and TB you have now? If its DBW you have to mod the harness for the IAC, TPS, and tune the PCM for the cable TB.

Basically, for the intake swap you remove the idle pulley cut the alt bracket for TB clearance. More the pulley down lower using a relocation pulley kit or make your own. Then you can swap to the later model Gen IV truck water pump. The outlet on it is at 45* and will clear a cable TB car inake.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,360 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts