Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend any LS1 books/manuals please?

General service and maintenance and up to date performance upgrades.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Can anyone recommend any LS1 books/manuals please?

General service and maintenance and up to date performance upgrades.

Thanks
What specific informaton are you seeking? There are some real good ones and then, some crap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chevynut that's superb !

NickP I'm new to LS1's. Intend to run my car virtualy standard to begin with, but modify for more performance as funds allow.

Tri Five forum is unbeatable but I do enjoy a bedtime book

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Lazlo,

That is a great link. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
57 to LS1

UKfive7
I'm kind of in the same boat your in. Where do you start? I finally decided to go with the LS1 and the 6 speed. The donor car is a 2000 camaro. I'm sure someone out there, maybe?, has a step by step procedure to remove and install. I have the frame and suspension finished. Now is the time to remove the LS and 6 speed fom the camaro and than install in the 57. I've seen some kits, I think from CPP, that offer the engine mounts, headers, oil pan and trans mount all in one kit. Has anyone used this one? Also I plan on installing a power steering gear box, maybe a 500 series. I heard there might be an issue with the header clearance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ranger57

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Not a book but a very informative forum.
Caution..Strong language and Adult content..:anim_63:
LS1 tech

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UKfive7
I'm kind of in the same boat your in. Where do you start? I finally decided to go with the LS1 and the 6 speed. The donor car is a 2000 camaro. I'm sure someone out there, maybe?, has a step by step procedure to remove and install. I have the frame and suspension finished. Now is the time to remove the LS and 6 speed fom the camaro and than install in the 57. I've seen some kits, I think from CPP, that offer the engine mounts, headers, oil pan and trans mount all in one kit. Has anyone used this one? Also I plan on installing a power steering gear box, maybe a 500 series. I heard there might be an issue with the header clearance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ranger57
Hi ranger57

Think a lot of your questions are covered in the stickys at the top of the LS page. Certainly a good starting point.
As Jim pointed out LS1 tech is handy. Check out the hybrids section.

For my bed time read I printed out chevynuts pdf and ordered up a late print of "How to Build High Performance Chevy Ls1 byWill Handzel;

Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
37,963 Posts
I've not done an LS1 installation but may sometime, so I bought these two books.

1. "How to Swap GM LS-Series Engines Into Almost Anything", by Jefferson Bryant. ISBN-13 978-1-932494-81-5 Item SA156 Published by SA Design

2. "How to Build High-Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V-8s" by Will Hadzel
ISBN-13 978-1-932494-88-4 Item SA86 Published by SA Design

Both of these books have some really good info, but are a bit short in a few areas, and they have a couple of mistakes here and there. So anything that is critical to know or that doesn't make sense needs to be backed up by another source, like asking here. There have been a lot of good posts here, ls1tech.com is another one, and chevynut's link looks good too. And you can always ask. There are also many good vendors out there who can help with parts and info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I read the pdf from chevynut. There was a lot of good info in it. Where do you order the books from? Again has anybody used the install kit from CCP. It looks like quite a deal. I'm thinking about contacting them.
ranger57

·
Registered
37,963 Posts
You can order the books from Amazon or other booksellers like Barnes and Noble. The ISBN numbers I posted will help you find them or verify that an ad is the one I mentioned. I bought mine at a bookstore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts