Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is going to sound crazy but here goes. I picked up a 56 Bel Air incomplete project and it has a 2002 Camaro SS LS1 with a LS6 intake and a 4L60e trans. It has a LT1350.com basic harness set up and it is almost complete but no computer or tune.

I really want to keep this engine for another project so I found a complete 5.3 out of a 2002 truck that I want to swap in. This is a car I plan to flip so I want to do this on the CHEAP.

If I keep the truck intake I know the injector pig tails plugs are different. I have seen the truck injector wiring to LS1 injector converters but not the other way around. Other than the pig tails on the injectors is there anything else that needs to change if I want to keep the truck intake on the engine?

Can I use the MASS Air sensor from the LS1 since it is wired for that or do I need to change the wiring to a truck MAF?

I know the easiest way would be to find an LS6 or LS1 intake but I am trying to see if it is any cheaper to use what I have

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,004 Posts
The car maf will work it just cares about wiring. As for the injectors buy the jumpers or repin then for the truck connectors. I think i would just swap to an ls1 intake if you keep alook out you can get one cheap complete. It will look better and sale easier as it will look. Better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The problem is finding an inexpensive LS1 intake with rails and TB. I have a few feelers out, hopefully something will come through :)

My other issue with the LS1 intake vs the LS6 I have now is I think I will have an EGR to deal with on the LS1 intake, not sure what to do with that.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,004 Posts
The problem is finding an inexpensive LS1 intake with rails and TB. I have a few feelers out, hopefully something will come through :)
Fleabay or Craigslist. Even it it was 300 it will be worth for resale. You will need to address the water pump and pulley issue as well. Should be info here on it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fleabay or Craigslist. Even it it was 300 it will be worth for resale. You will need to address the water pump and pulley issue as well. Should be info here on it.
For now I am going to swap over the water pump, oil pan and pickup, dip stick and FBody brackets from the LS1 that is installed over to the new 5.3. I believe I will need to drill and tap two holes in the block for the lower Alt mount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts