Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick video on MetalWorks 55 Chevy build sitting on an Art Morrison chassis. The 55 also features a supercharged LS9 engine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Beautiful!

Just curious, but what is the take-up rate on the new IRS from AM? Seems like most high dollar builds are still using a solid rear.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very Niiiiice!!!!! I'm getting ready to put my 56 back together with the AME Chassis/LS engine setup like you have and have 2 questions if that's ok? 1) Did all of the stock front Fender braces bolt right on to the AME chassis or did you have drill or modify anything? 2) Where did you run the fuel lines: Inside or outside of Chassis?

Thanks
Keith R

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful!

Just curious, but what is the take-up rate on the new IRS from AM? Seems like most high dollar builds are still using a solid rear.
For every 10 chassis we sell, we tend to sell around one IRS chassis. I'm sure you will see more and more of them in high end builds as they are relatively new to the market. We have been very pleased with the builds we have utilized them in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very Niiiiice!!!!! I'm getting ready to put my 56 back together with the AME Chassis/LS engine setup like you have and have 2 questions if that's ok? 1) Did all of the stock front Fender braces bolt right on to the AME chassis or did you have drill or modify anything? 2) Where did you run the fuel lines: Inside or outside of Chassis?

Thanks
Keith R
We run the fuel lines outside the chassis. As far as the fender braces, on the lower splash shield where it mounts to the frame, there is not a provision, you will need to make a simple bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We run the fuel lines outside the chassis. As far as the fender braces, on the lower splash shield where it mounts to the frame, there is not a provision, you will need to make a simple bracket.

Hello.......do you have any pics of the “simple bracket” your referring to?

Thank you,
Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts