Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyody put a LT1 motor in there trifive and if you did what wiring harness did you use? I was told I would have to get a stand alone harness because american autowire does not offer a wiring harness for this motor.

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
What diagram is that? If it's the AAW harness diagram, yes you start with that.

You are going to have to supply power to the fans, injectors, pcm, fuel pump, etc. This power will have to come from your main harness, or be wired in separately. Not necessarily a hard job, but you'll have to "marry" the EFI harness to the main harness some way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the AAW wiring diagram, I still have to order the stand alone harness. And thanks for the info

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,004 Posts
Typically all the AAW hooks into is the starter for example. The AAW hookups for the ign. and alt for example couldbe/wouldbe omitted.

Basically as Rick mentioned. The engine harness will hook to its own power etc.

Its really easy to do as most all the harness will come labeled for the engine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody for the info I ordered a standalone harness today from PSI, so we shall see how this goes. Will let you know when I get into it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LT 1 wiring

You can make your own using the stock harness. It takes some time to strip all the wire lose then hand pick each one to see if you need it or not. I used a cop car harness, vats not used on cop cars, actually it turned out to be a fun project and I thought a good learning experience. I've only ran the motor for about 30 seconds but it does run. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts