Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electrical spaghetti that is. Pulled all the wiring from the headlights to the instrument panel. Time to put that electronics engineering degree to the test, lol.

Also got these super cool valve covers

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
God bless "Ron Francis" and "Painless", as well others, for developing wiring harnesses specifically for our cars and the engine and accessory application. Complete with an easy to follow wiring diagram/schematic.

Are the valve covers billet? Who makes them?

Tom

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Electrical spaghetti that is. Pulled all the wiring from the headlights to the instrument panel. Time to put that electronics engineering degree to the test, lol.

Also got these super cool valve covers

That is one area I hope I don't have to tackle any time soon. :eek:
BTW like the valve covers:p

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I picked the valve covers up used for 10 bucks. Not any real high quality stuff, but it still looks good.

Not 100 % sure what I am going to do about the harness, the one that came out is in surprisingly good shape. I spent all day running continuity checks. I may try to re-use it as I am on a really tight budget, but then again I may just go ahead and get one of the wiring kits. Not sure yet.

·
Administrator
49,639 Posts
You don`t need a degree to replace the wiring. Just a good wiring harness and a good wiring diagram. I`ve done rewired mine twice and have no degree. The 1st time in the early 80`s i replaced with an original repo harness. This time i went to the 18 circuit AAW harness. Not rocket science if you can follow instructions.
Terry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
When I read the title to this thread....I immediately thought that you had finally gotten the courage to ask the little Oriental gal out....she had turned you down.....and you were stuck home alone eating spaghetti :eek: Forget about that old car and fill us in on your love life :D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I know you don't need a degree to rewire a car, lol, I just feel like I never use the info I worked so hard to learn.

Haha, Late55, alright. No new changes so far, although we do talk a lot more when I go in there. I ways get a nice "Hi Brian!" when I come in there, in her cute little accent, albiet that talking to her is difficult because of her accent. She smiles a lot when she talks to me, something I like.

My roommate works for a Disney contractor, and he has gotten a couple free tickets to Disney. I am thinking about finding out when her next day off is and asking her to go to Disney. Once I figure out how to say it so she knows what I mean.

I'll keep ya posted! Of course, she isn't the only iron in the fire, but I don't have much info on any of the others yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts