Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Belair Sedan, Resto-Mod, Many Upgrades
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have any of you seen a water outlet that bolts onto the intake manifold , and looks to be made of aluminum, and has about a two inch or more plastic window in it. You can visibly see when the thermostat opens! I saw one on a guys 63 Impala with a 327 engine...very cool looking.

Have hunted for one but have not found it...I will enclose a picture of the engine...hope you can see it. Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive super charger part

If you know where this may be purchased...I want one!

Thanks in advance,

Rods56:p3:

·
Registered
37,986 Posts
I would expect that "very cool looking" water neck to have a "very hot" leak before long. The difference in thermal expansion rates will kill it, plus if it has gaskets they will fail quickly. Might last a little longer if it had O-rings.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,882 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pop...I am going to get one of these for my Ugly 56' (in a Custom Shop now for Resto) but she will look good with her Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige hide!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pops,
Thanks for the link...but I have changed my mind. Not the price...but the idea of running "no thermostat" only a restrictor plate. In JAWJA we have Winter..so this won't work for this ole' dude!

Rods56

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
The price:questionmark: Its only 109.89. They're different and look pretty cool one installed but I reckon i'll pass:sign0020:.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts