Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck in line at a road construction site, in front of me was a Chevy with Texas Manufacturer plates. I have never seen one before. What's that GM rep on the road?? I took the pic from my phone through a dirty windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than the bowtie there was no name. Looked like a new Impala or Malibu??? There was no coverup of any kind that I could see.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Living in Metro Detroit, I see these vehicles on a daily basis. Some are wearing camo covers and some not. If you see it on a weekend, it is someone who brings it home for some type of evaluation. Some have equipment on the front seat for gathering info. It's fun to guess what some of the vehicles are. Some look like a wagon, but it is really false panels covering up a sedan. My buddy used to be a cop, so if I saw something I couldn't figure out, he would run the plate for me and I would at least know the manufacture. It's fun to see these test vehicles running around in the neighborhood.

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
There was talk here that GMH Australia is sending over some new models over to the states wondering if thats one of them :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Here is one I saw on my way home from work yesterday morning. Not the greatest picture. This is the first one I have seen that is completely covered in some kind of cloth. I have seen some that were partially covered. Some of the covered ones have false panels that disguise the real shape of the car.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I work at the GM tech center and these are running around all over the place. As was mentioned a lot of times their is diagnostic equipment in them and some times not. Could be someone just driving it home. If its not camouflaged its a current production car. All pre-production vehicles must have camo on them when running where they can be seen or pictures can be taken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts