Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am coming very close to a point where I need to give my body guy a paint code for my '56 2DHT. It is going to be blue/white two tone (Bel Air). My question is, I want a blue similar to this pic:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=1956...page=9&tbnh=183&tbnw=250&ndsp=16&tx=158&ty=96

Is this the old 1966 Chevy Marina Blue? I love the way this car looks!

Any help is greatly appreciated, I only have one shot to get the color right!

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Nassau Blue? Here's a '55 in that color.

I would suggest having the body shop shoot some test panels so you can see the colors out in different type of lights. I tried many blues before I found the one I really was looking for.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,390 Posts
Might also look at the Viper Blue Pearl:

·
Registered
908 Posts
do yourself a favor and look and test some paints in the sunlight. the last thing you want to do is not have the right color and look at your car everyday and say it just isn't what I wanted. just be sure. jeff

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
:anim_25:eek:n you choice of color Marina Blue Met. paint code F in 1966 and in 1967 it was F code also with the name of Marina Blue met. in Chevrolet and Corvette, and in Buick it was called
Blue Mist Met. and in Oldsmoble it was called Bimini blue Met and Pontaic it was called Tyrol Blue Met,and the reason that i know this is because I have all of the paint chip books from Sherwin Williams on my desk now,and I have them from 1956 until 1980, and I had to buy some paint for a 66 pickup to day

:gba:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.