Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just found this site
e and am looking forward to exchange of ideas and been there done that projects, grin. I am from Raymondville, Texas, 59 year old "kid" with a fresh 55 3100 project truck that I pick up on the Texas/ Ok. border tomorow. Truck belonged to my best freind that died earlier this year and he bought it brand new when he was 18 years old( one owner). Looking to upgrade mechanical components with a front clip and modern LS motor and tranny. I know from lurking a few minutes on thius site that many of you have experience in this type of mod and am looking forward to picking your brains. I just finished a frame up restoration of my CJ7 Jeep with Novac conversion to GenIII 5.3 Vortec and 4l60E tranny. Let the good times roll! ----------Mayo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmm, does this forum deal with trucks also or do I need to look elsewhere for a more suitable forum? Suggestions?

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Welcome aboard Mayo and fellow Texan. Certainly, TRUCKS are more than welcome here. Good to have you. If we can help, give us a jingle. This palce is open 24 hrs a day.

·
Registered
66,315 Posts
:hello: hi mayo and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. have fun with that 55.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive mayo:wavey: You sound like a man with a plan with that 55 hauler... :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Welcome, Mayo. You are getting your truck the exact same way I got my 56. Miss my best friend, and will take good care of his car.
Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am currently wading through the suspension options, some make me drool, posibly those are overkill for my needs. Maybe not. A quick look at Classic Performance.com and my head was spinning, slick offerings. I do all of my own work, wouldnt be fun otherwise. Ihave questions about the camaro clips, Monte Carlo clips, Mustang II clip styles, and the 1963-72 Chevy Truck (formerly Rear Suspension Package)
Should I post these questions in the truck section or in a general forum for mods.. I will spend time reading stickies and searching older threads to limit common questions that have been beat to death already. Thanks for any advice to direct me to pertinent topics on this site. Thanks to all that work to make this site possible Mayo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.