Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running McGaught 2" drop spindles on there car, If so what is the back space on your wheel, they say it is wider, looked at chevynut wheel chart it says 15" wheel 7 wide uses a 4.25 back space with 200x15 tire for clearance, I think helix spindles are the same, Raybob

·
Registered
37,977 Posts
The McGaughy spindle moves the wheel out 3/8" per side not too different from Heidt's and other dropped spindles.

A 4.25" or 4.50" backspace on a 7" wheel will work nicely. Be aware that most "off the shelf" 7" wheels are going to be 4" backspace.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
McGaughy's 2" Drop Spindles

Anyone running McGaught 2" drop spindles on there car, If so what is the back space on your wheel, they say it is wider, looked at chevynut wheel chart it says 15" wheel 7 wide uses a 4.25 back space with 200x15 tire for clearance, I think helix spindles are the same, Raybob
RayBob, i recently installed McGaughy's 2" drop spindles along with a power disc brake kit. My wheels are tourqe thrust 15x7 front and 15x8 rear. 235 X15 tires on rear and 215x15 front. Everything works great with no issues at all the back space is standard for the tourqe thrust wheels. I am attaching some pictures of the stance of my 55 for you. Just click on the image for a larger version. Hope this helps you out.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one sharp car

RayBob, i recently installed McGaughy's 2" drop spindles along with a power disc brake kit. My wheels are tourqe thrust 15x7 front and 15x8 rear. 235 X15 tires on rear and 215x15 front. Everything works great with no issues at all the back space is standard for the tourqe thrust wheels. I am attaching some pictures of the stance of my 55 for you. Just click on the image for a larger version. Hope this helps you out.
very nice car It is sharp you can be proud of it Raybob

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Thank's raybob, its just a driver that still needs a bunch of minor up grades, but i am getting there. Its old school but a solid car that just needs some minor cosmetic TLC. I plan to stay with the old school look and leave it in primer until my 56 is finished. Then i will repaint the car. I just seen your thread and knowing i had used the products you where asking about i took these shots saturday in my shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts