Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a '57 150 series, there is a "Chevrolet" script on the side of each front fender. I need the horizontal measurement from the rear of the fender to the script and also the vertical distance from the baseline of the script to any fixed point above it.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm afraid not. Those appear to be for the "Fuel Injection" scripts. I need the measurements for the "Chevrolet" scripts.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Find a photo similar to those below.

Using ratios.

First, measure the actual fender length on your car and then using dividers measure the length of the fender in the photo in the same place. Then measure the height of the fender of you car and then using dividers measure the height of the fender in the photo in the same place.

Set the ratio as:

fender length on car : Fender length in photo = Fender height on car : X
Do the Calculations and X should = the fender height you had for the height of the fender in the photo.

Now measure the length of your script and then the script in the photo.
Then measure the length of the script in the photo to the back edge of the fender in the photo.

Set the ratio as:

Length of your script : Length of photo Script = X : length of script to back edge of the fender in the photo.

Solve for X and that should give a close position front to rear of the script.

Measure the height of your script and then measure the height of the script in the photo. Then measure the length from the bottom of the script to the top of the fender in the photo.

Set the ratio as:

height of your script : height of script in photo = X : height from bottom of script to top of fender in photo.

Solve for X and that should give a close position top to bottom of the script.

Hope this helps you.

If you want, I'll give you a diagram for this method.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bilaire, I may have to do it that way but I was really hoping that someone with a 150 could just go out to their car with a ruler and give me the direct measurements. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'll give it a try. Measurements are from the drivers side fender. I will list starting from the right and working towards the front of the car. The 1st hole C/L is 3 1/8" from the edge of fender, the next is 7 1/4" from edge of fender, the third is 11 13/16" from edge of fender and the last is 16 7/32" from edge of fender. Those are the horizontal measurements , the following are the vertical measurements again starting from the right and working towards the front of the car and all of these measurements are taken from the center line of the crease on top of the fender. 1st is 10 1/8", second is 10 1/4", third is 10 5/16", fourth is 10 1/16". Two things worth noting, the pin on the script under the C is NOT inline with the other three pins, it's slightly higher and also hole in the fender for the C pin is the only one of the four holes that is a circle, the other three are oval shaped (horizontally) I'm guessing to adjust to any manufacturing differences. Hope this is of some help. good luck

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Scorpio, that's exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts