Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the Mecum Auctions. I really get a kick out of trying to pre-price the cars. Beautiful cars. :congrats:

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Surprized...

I've been watching the Mecum Auctions. I really get a kick out of trying to pre-price the cars. Beautiful cars. :congrats:
I watch those and Barret Jackson on occassion, and really somewhat surprized both ways, some go lower than expected (and I sit there wishing I was there) while others go extremely high, and I wonder, what was that guy think'n... but you're exactly right, there are some beautiful cars roll across that auction floor for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Im lucky enough to live about 5 miles south of Mecums auto mall, so when a car doesn't sell, they "bring it home". Cruise up and take a peek. Course I slip in the back door so the hounds aren't released on me...:sign0020:

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Mecum runs a two day auction at the Back to the 50's show in St. Paul every June. I'm planning to offer my '69 Camaro in next year's auction. I'm hoping my '55 will be nearing completion by then, and I'd like to use the proceeds from the Camaro to finish the 55 and maybe pick up a classic Chevy pickup! There's a good chance I'll be bringing the Camaro back home though. It's only going to appeal to a certain type of buyer. It's essentially a career race car (9.8 second quarter miles) that I recently added exhaust, lights & horn to so that I could license it and drive to local shows. It's a beautiful car with flawless sheetmetal inside & out...but I don't think there will be many "purists" bidding on it!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Wifey and I like to try to guess the outcome too:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Nice 69

It's only going to appeal to a certain type of buyer. It's a beautiful car with flawless sheetmetal inside & out...but I don't think there will be many "purists" bidding on it!
I have to agree with you on both counts, that is one beautiful 69 Camaro and it'll take the right buyer to come along and pick that up for the price I'd expect you'd want. Never know though, if that person is there, better bring a cryin' towel...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts