Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a source for the thin plastic protective film that mounts under the viewing glass with double sided tape.

Thanks in advance

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,891 Posts
What size is your glass? If its a HF cabinet I buy 12x24 glass at local hardware store (these standard window pane sizes) and place it on the inside face of the glass you have bolted down in the frame. It will frost over time then just toss and replace. All of $5. That way you're not fitting the plastic to stick and can see through better. WAY easier.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,959 Posts
What size is your glass? If its a HF cabinet I buy 12x24 glass at local hardware store (these standard window pane sizes) and place it on the inside face of the glass you have bolted down in the frame. It will frost over time then just toss and replace. All of $5. That way you're not fitting the plastic to stick and can see through better. WAY easier.
That's what I do. Home Depot has a selection of window pane and picture frame glass. Mines a 8x10 picture frame glass for less than $2 and if I need one in a hurry, I go in the house and borrow the glass out of a frame on the dresser. :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts