Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Or maybe you can come back up here when you do not have such a hard time deadline. That would give Mikey, and Donovan the time they need to fix those last few nagging problems. I don't need any more time, since the electrical system was all 4.0. If you do come back up, don't forget the barbecue! :)

Steve

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Like redoing the interior......as I have done just about 60% of Steve's 56 Nomad

Mikey

Reactions: Dragsix

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
A mountain of work completed in mere days...wow. Only those who actually get themselves elbow-deep into these projects can understand all the pitfalls that come along with working on old cars.

Removed poorly designed upper rear shock mount
Was the shock mount the original - and is it different for a convertible (I'm betting it is...)?
JR

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 · (Edited)
A mountain of work completed in mere days...wow. Only those who actually get themselves elbow-deep into these projects can understand all the pitfalls that come along with working on old cars.

Was the shock mount the original - and is it different for a convertible (I'm betting it is...)?
JR
It was some aftermarket mount that Mickey had a local guy bolt in. The exhaust had been changed from OEM stock so it cleared. There was no way to
use it with the OEM exhaust. Mickey had us just re install the new shocks. It will not be a daily driver.

8 days of 16 hours by both Donovan and I. Mickey helped a lot as did Steve. You start stacking that many hours in a day, a lot can be done when there
is a planned path and lots of stuff was sitting on the shelf ready to be installed as it was needed. The major hiccup was the problems with the new
windows. That took about 30 hours at the tail end when you count all of Donovan's help....more than triple I had figured.
Dialing in the engine and tranny took a while but that was expected.

Mikey

Reactions: 55Madman
301 - 305 of 305 Posts