Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator & Tech Articles
55,784 Posts
Some do, some don't.....Depends on how far forward the body was mounted on the frame at the factory.

· Administrator
50,536 Posts
Some do, some don't.....Depends on how far forward the body was mounted on the frame at the factory.
I agree with Davids statement. I have seen some fit and others hit so hard it wouldn`t go in for anything. Also depends on how the body was set on the frame when it was set back on the frame after the restoration.
Terry

· Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
2,073 Posts
I checked out the Skip White $45 HEI distributor on ebay. Looks like a nice and inexpensive alternative to the other electronic distributor I've been looking at (Pertronix)

Question about the Male vs Female caps. Will my original style 90* wire boots fit onto the male posts ok? (currently using a female style cap)

Ace

· Registered
2,418 Posts
I have a stock HEI in my '57 and my engine is in the stock location. Mine doesn't hit the firewall at all... is a little close. Guess I got lucky when I set my body back on my frame. :happy0030:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.