Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that was probably the best car condition wise of any I have had. It really only had about a quart of filler in the whole car and no rust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All of my cars of the past currently are with me in the present (and future too), with the exception of a 98 Camaro V6, in Mullet green. (I would have preferred Mullet orange). The lack of power bothered me less than the fact that it felt like a matress. Not much err sleeping went on in the back of that car anyway. No pics; imagine it in your head ;)

Anyway, here's one of my great grandpa with a car I wish he kept and passed down to me, except that I wasn't even alive by the time he was dead.

55 Chevy Bel Air 2 door, bought new. Dad's siblings on the fender.

·
Registered
42 Posts
good idea :D Are you accepting applications for "grandson"?

both of mine are basically family heirlooms already... I don't view myself as owner as much as I do custodian (they sorta just passed down to me when everyone else decided they didn't want to drive something with no power windows etc., AC. Wimps.)

the same thing happened with a Triumph TR7...

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I'd really have to do some searching to find pics of the cars I've owned through the years. My first on the road was a 57 Olds 88 2 door sedan with the 371 4 barrel and auto trans(the old hydramatic). Those were and odd ball as they had a 3 piece rear window. Two corner windows with a rectangular center window. I found a few on line but they are up in the $$$ range.
Dave

·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd really have to do some searching to find pics of the cars I've owned through the years. My first on the road was a 57 Olds 88 2 door sedan with the 371 4 barrel and auto trans(the old hydramatic). Those were and odd ball as they had a 3 piece rear window. Two corner windows with a rectangular center window. I found a few on line but they are up in the $$$ range.
Dave

First car I ever drove was one just like this except it was saphine blue and had the J2 option. 391? CU IN tri-power. I have always wanted one but as you say, big bucks. I saw one go for 68K on ebay.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The Olds' from 1949 through 1964 were bolt in swaps for the engines and trannys. If you had a 49 and wanted to you could bolt in the 64 engine. From 1949 through '54 was the 303 Cu In, '55 and '56 was the 324, '57 through '59 was the 371, and '59 through '64 was the 394. When the F-85's came out they had the aluminum 215 V-8 that Land Rover later bought the rights to. Some of those had the Paxton super Charger on them.
Dave

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice pictures Mike but i have to ask. How did you settle on the 55 you have now. Are the 55's your favorite or what.
DONZIE

·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, those were just a few that I happen to have pictures of. I have probably had 25 or 30 different tri-fives thru the years. I sold the last one before the one I have now about 26 years ago. I got into pickups for awhile and then lead sleds. Then got completely out of projects for about 15 years. Then one day I told my younger brother that if he ran accross one for cheap, let me know. About a year later he called to say he bought the one I have now 'sight unseen'. I went by and saw it and told him if he decided not to build it, let me know. Well, a couple months later the phone rang and here I am.

PS I like all three years, this one just was there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts