Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
What type of work are you in and how can you reduce the stress?
40 years full time restoration of almost anything on a 55-57 Chevy. I need to start saying no more......

Mikey

·
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Update: Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes and positive thoughts. Each day this past week I have gained back some of my lost strength. Not having the deep pains that would come on at almost any time has allowed me to
get a full nights sleep. Still adjusting to the new medications and times I need to take them.......I'm not 25 anymore!

My work schedule is full, but manageable. I just have to keep telling myself not to work 12-16 hour days anymore......something that has been my norm even before I started my business. 40 years ago now!

This to shall come to pass.

Mikey

·
Registered
43 Posts
The past few month have been brutal for me, So I am headed back to the ER this morning to have them find out what is going on. I have never fully recovered from
my emergency Appendectomy. I either have an infected bowel lingering from that or a Gall bladder issue.

Prayers for those that will be providing the care in these difficult times.

Mikey
Just keep fighting back.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Wow Mikey; totally missed this thread. Glad to hear you are on the rebound! I had sent you a pm and wondered why you did not reply. Now, I know. Be well.

Reactions: 35olds

·
Registered
110 Posts
The past few month have been brutal for me, So I am headed back to the ER this morning to have them find out what is going on. I have never fully recovered from
my emergency Appendectomy. I either have an infected bowel lingering from that or a Gall bladder issue.

Prayers for those that will be providing the care in these difficult times.

Mikey
Please get healthy Mikey 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Update:My work schedule is full, but manageable. I just have to keep telling myself not to work 12-16 hour days anymore......
It's especially hard to do that when your work is so connected to your passion and hobby. All things in moderation Mikey...
JR

·
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks, I am back to 100%. Attempting to cut back, but as of late.....just trying to get lots of backlogged work done.

Mikey

·
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Easier Said then done.

I just returned from a long road trip out east to pick-up Donovan's 55 sedan he purchased from TheHotRodHandyman...AKA Bruce.
We were gone for 80 hours, 50 of that was driving. So I am a bit tired. Donovan is still on cloud 9......or higher!

I will be starting a thread on it in a few days. Photos on his and my cell phone need to be loaded to my computer so I can post them. It will be fun! And was fun meeting some guys from Trifive!

Mikey

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That will make a great car - Dnonovan is a lucky guy in many ways. I'm looking forward to the progress.
JR

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Easier Said then done.

I just returned from a long road trip out east to pick-up Donovan's 55 sedan he purchased from TheHotRodHandyman...AKA Bruce.
We were gone for 80 hours, 50 of that was driving. So I am a bit tired. Donovan is still on cloud 9......or higher!

I will be starting a thread on it in a few days. Photos on his and my cell phone need to be loaded to my computer so I can post them. It will be fun! And was fun meeting some guys from Trifive!

Mikey
View attachment 328027 View attachment 328028
nice, looks like it still has the original paint.

·
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Will the car remain Coral and Grey?
One of my favorite colors on a 55!
No, he wants to 2 tone it Gypsy Red and Shoreline Beige.

Mikey

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gypsy red and shoreline beige are the original colors for my 55 Belair. I can still see traces of the red in a few places.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Is Donovan still thinking Gasser or has Uncle Mikey talked him into something else? I know when he came with you to Bowling Green he fell in love with the '55 gassers.
I'm voting for gasser! o_O

·
9,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Gasser it will be. Street legal as well!

Mikey

61 - 80 of 84 Posts