Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sabbath came and presented me with some bad stomach aches, by Sunday morning I was hurting so bad I could not even think right. Told my wife I believe
I having appendicitis. Took me to the ER. CT scan confirmed it. Emergency surgery proved it was ruptured and gangrene.

I am now back home but cannot do any lifting and strenuous tasks.

Forced slow down at work is not my style.....but it is not fatal.

Mikey

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mikey, Hope you are feeling better. As bonesy said, listen to what the Dr. says. Who is going to shovel all the snow?

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Rest and following the doctor's orders will get you back in the saddle faster then anything. Appendix removal can be sore as heck post surgery (ask me how I know) and you definitely need to allow the body to heal. You are in pretty good shape health wise and take pretty good care of yourself so I think your recovery will be relatively quick.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
A ruptured appendix can be pretty dangerous but sounds like you *discovered* it just in time. We're all glad you made it thru that OK. Take care and get well soon... look at it as a break from working in the cold weather.. :) The work will still be there once you're better...

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Prayers for healing and patients for the patient.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mikey, Hope you are feeling better. As bonesy said, listen to what the Dr. says. Who is going to shovel all the snow?
Thanks for the kind word my friends.

As cold as it is going to be this week, the chance of snow is real low. Going into Green Bay Sunday was a slow go there was 2 inches on the ground and it was still coming down. 30 minute trip became almost an hour.

Every bump was felt by me. The pain was worse than my accident 16 years ago when my head got stomped on by a 57 Chevrolet.

My wife asked me if I plan these things just a WEEK BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY. I told her I was not planning on either of these.

All the lab work came back very good for some one my age. The white blood count was elevated from my body fighting this for some time.

I cut and split most of 7 full cords of oak logs over the past the 2 weeks, I think all the bending and lifting may have brought this on when it did. The surgeon told me that it may have waited a while and then the result could have been worse.

The way the surgery is done now, I have 5 holes in my abdomen and while this is less invasive and less chance of infection. Allot of tissue must be poked around and moved to get to the appendices. I am very sore and cannot do any bending over. Tying my boots was a new adventure today!

Glad to be on the mend, God will provide as I am restricted a bit.

Mikey

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Take care of yourself, work can wait. We all want to keep you with us.As said listen to the doctors.:p3:
Jim

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Thankfully you went to the hospital when you did! Oh gosh I can, but I guess I can't really imagine the pain hitting the bumps on the way, and the slow ride. Get well soon. The easier you take it, the faster you will recover.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hope you have a quick recovery. I have been splitting firewood also and figure I came out lucky compared to what you have been going through. Now you have all this downtime, you can spread all that trifive knowledge even more to the rest of us. Take care of yourself and
Stay warm!
Larry

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Time to hibernate. Come out swinging in the spring! Take care.
Bob

·
Premium Member
13,323 Posts
Mikey Peace be with you. The Lord will care for his faithful servant

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Get well soon Mikey from Kaye and myself. Well diagnosed!!!

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
glad to hear you are recovering. I once had an attack myself. Very very very painful. mine did not burst and have never had a problem since. god bless. take care :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I can just imagine the pain, kinda like my colon cancer surgery. Do what they tell you and you'll be fine. Don't be dumb like me and start digging post holes a few weeks later. Mend well and quickly.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts