Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there... Iam installing a tci rear spring relocating kit on the rear of a 55 i will also cut the inner fenders and widen them. I will most likly run a 10" wide wheel with 3.5" backspace (iam narrowing a 9" for the car also)..I think a 295/50 tire is close to the size iam looking for and maybe a tad wider would be better?..If anyone has had this experiance any info would be helpful...I need the tire/wheel combo and then i will narrow the rear to fit...agian any ideas would be great thanks Bret

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is a very helpfull tire sizer! Unfortunately,I just ordered the new tires for the wifes Sport Coupe and according to that chart,they're not going to fit :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure if this is any help or not, but I have a mini-tubbed 55 210 with springs relocated under the frame rails and a narrowed 9" ford rear. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman 29x12.50x15 stuffed and everything fits well.....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Got the new wheels/tires mounted and installed on the wifes 55 .....As I suspected,they don't fit :mad: Sure wish I'd have seen that tire/wheel sizer before I purchased them!Oh well,at least after you order the wrong size....it's much easier to get the right size the second time around :rolleyes: Guess I'll throw them up in the corner of the shop with the rest of the mis-fits!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Got the second set of wheels for the wifes 55.....The first set has a 4" back space and rubbed the body in the rear.I ordered the next set with a 5" back space,that brought the wheel in perfectly in the front but now the rears are hitting the leaf spring on the inside:confused: Oh well,at least an inexpensive set of 1/4" wheel spaces and some longer studs will solve the problem! I'm beginning to wonder if she's worth all the trouble :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
JWB said:
Not sure if this is any help or not, but I have a mini-tubbed 55 210 with springs relocated under the frame rails and a narrowed 9" ford rear. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman 29x12.50x15 stuffed and everything fits well.....

Thats the same thing i have under my 55, Tire brand name and size is the same also..........it works for me just fine, very nice set up i think....

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts