Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Wagon where the mirrors are mounted on the front fenders about even with the cowl? Mine is a 55. Kind of in the spot of this 57 only mine are the round mirrors. I am looking for a picture of mine before I started the restoration...but I can't seem to find one...
Just wondering if anyone else has them there. I like the look of them there... just don't remember ever seeing them positioned there.
Thanks...

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,959 Posts
If they aren`t already on the fender i would moun t them on the door. They are about useless on the fender. Mine are on the fender of my 57 and you can`t see a whole lot behind you in them.
Terry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chevman 57. mine were mounted on the fender and the hardware is on the fender after stripping them and primer and sanding. they are ready for paint. If I recall I did only use the rear view and occasionally tried to see something out of the other fender mirrors. I guess I could rig up the modern day sensons that warn you on your mirror that someone is close or next to you and have a warning light on the dash... That or drive faster so now one is passing me and I don't have to worry about lane changes! :)

68,758 Posts
mine is on fender and works great for me, I have long enough arms to reach for adjustment too. don't interfere with opening vent window either (different strokes for different folks). :tu

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Thanks chevman 57. mine were mounted on the fender and the hardware is on the fender after stripping them and primer and sanding. they are ready for paint. If I recall I did only use the rear view and occasionally tried to see something out of the other fender mirrors. I guess I could rig up the modern day sensons that warn you on your mirror that someone is close or next to you and have a warning light on the dash... That or drive faster so now one is passing me and I don't have to worry about lane changes! :)
You don't need those sensors. A quick turn of the head is all that's needed. These old buggies don't have blind spots like modern cars.

The fender mounted mirrors are useless, they just look cool. JMHO:sign0020::bowtier:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree... I do think they look cool!
Fenders are getting uncovered and coming out for front end installation so I will make a decision then...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts