Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
Hey Guys! Does anyone know where the dome light wires are terminated at on a 57? I know I connected them at the light when I was finished with the headliner but I can find the other end to finish wiring it up..

Thanks!

Jim
They terminate at the 6 wire plug near the drivers kick panel. This is a 55 drawing, but the 57 wires are routed the same except the dome light is in the middle of the roof, instead of the corners. .... http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/bulletins/55fsn140612.html

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They terminate at the 6 wire plug near the drivers kick panel. This is a 55 drawing, but the 57 wires are routed the same except the dome light is in the middle of the roof, instead of the corners. .... http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/bulletins/55fsn140612.html
Thanks Don, I know I have the plug connected up because I was messing with the Sending Unit yesterday. I'll connect the White wire to the door switch and see if the light comes on. :tu

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don & Jim,
I have the opposite problem. When I put the dome light in it is always on. It is correct to assume you always have power to the bulb? Is it the door switches that complete the circuit? Is that the same with the white wire that goes to the headlight switch?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
Don & Jim,
I have the opposite problem. When I put the dome light in it is always on. It is correct to assume you always have power to the bulb? Is it the door switches that complete the circuit? Is that the same with the white wire that goes to the headlight switch?
What type bulb do you have? It needs to be a #94 or #1004 double contact single filement. A 1157 or simular double contact double filement will burn all the time.
To answer your question, the orange wire always has power and the white wires ground the bulb, either at a door switch or the headlight switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don,
I replaced the bulb, didn't help. Started pulling out the door switches until the light went out. Hmmmm, one of the plungers isn't long enough to deactivate the switch. For now I have put a piece of card board on the door to deactivate the switch.
Thanks for the help.
Ben

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Don,
I replaced the bulb, didn't help. Started pulling out the door switches until the light went out. Hmmmm, one of the plungers isn't long enough to deactivate the switch. For now I have put a piece of card board on the door to deactivate the switch.
Thanks for the help.
Ben

Dad always said "if you don't have a screw then use a nail"......:sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts