Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 57 4dr. wagon. I have a title but there is no vin tag on the door frame.
I thought it was under the hood , but that was the trim tag.

is there another place to find the vin, or do I have a car that is only good for partss

also, here are the trim tagg numbers

57 10621
CL 3881
815C

IS THIS A 210 OR BELAIR ????

·
Registered
273 Posts
You should be able to find the vin stamped in two places on the drive side frame rail. One is on top of rail about center of drive rear floor pan and the other is under the drive seat(top rail) in front of the body mount for the b pillar. That is how my cars are. All three came from the st. louis plant so others may differ. I have not pulled the delivery body(it is a atlanta car) yet to see if there is a differnce from plant to plant. Also, they not to easy to get to. You may need a mirror. If you can find the vin on the frame get a police officer to fill out a missing vin tag form with him verifing the vin and you can get a new vin made BUT you will need these doc's as the man who does the new tags is very leget and wont fake one. Good luck. I had same situation on one like that too. Tim

Also , what does you title say for the vin that will tell you 150,210 ,or B/A. A=150, B=210,C=BA. If it has a v in front of those it had a 8-cyl.
1062f is a 210 wagon"townsman" 4-door if is 1062df then it is bel air.1062fc is 210 4-door 9-pass,

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
vin number, B is a 210. 110673 is the serial number of the car. the 1957 starting number was 100001 at each assembly plant. :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Carl, I think the 'B' is for Baltimore, the frame starts with the year.

Dirttrack 55, check your cowl plate again, it should be 1062 and a letter (or 2 letters) Do the numbers on the frame match your title? If so, what is before the '57'? check chev. 150's post.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
OK, good news is you have the right title, somewhat uncommon for a missing VIN tag. Your car is a factory six cylinder 210, by the first 'B' and built in Baltimore by the second 'B'. Your trim tag should read 1062F.
If you can read the number on the frame and it matches the title, you should not have a problem getting a state issued VIN, if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts