Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear quarter top fin square holes on my car has what looks like clips in them to hold the stainless in place when on the car. I am going to stripn the car down to metal this spring and need to know if they are something i need to save and leave in or take out. I have to get replacement stainless for that part and don't know if they come with them or if they are reproduced.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Crown molding clips.

Dave, the clips are readily available. They run about $20 for the Belair (because they have more holes), and about $7 for a set for the short Crown molding on a 150 or 210. I'd replace them while you have the trim off. The molding doesn't usually come with these OR the pins that go into the clips OR the molding insert that holds the pins in. I've seen it sold both ways so be sure you get what you're gonna need for your car. Kinda tricky putting it on since you need to have the rear vertical piece installed on the Crown molding before inserting the Crown molding into the holes. :anim_25: JIM.

Attachments

·
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if you can see it on the top of the quarter. there are little fingers sticking out the edge of the holes. That's what I'm questioning.

·
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it Jim thanks. I've read about certain things that aren't available so I just wanted to check before I take them out.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
I don't know if you can see it on the top of the quarter. there are little fingers sticking out the edge of the holes. That's what I'm questioning.
Hard to tell with all that's going on in that photo....But to me it looks like the tops of these:

Can you pull one....So, we can take a look at it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts