Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was a great day to get Mom and Pops in da '7! Have to take advantage of the Family time as they climb in years. It's all about Family, Boys!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Tree Luxury vehicle

7,082 Posts
Tim, those are priceless photos of your family and the car together. Best kind. You're a good son. Lloyd

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Nice.

I can't let my mother near my 4-door. She claims it's her's. :eek:

See in 1975 when I was trying to first find out who owned the car and second if I could buy it, my mother's long time friend located the original owner's daughter who had the original title to my car since her mother passed in march of that year.

I worked a part-time summer job at a local motorcycle shop. My parents were at the beach with my aunt & uncle at the time. I had $20 to my name and the owner's daughter said if I gave her the $20, she would hold the car for me.

My parents came home from the beach early. I begged to borrow the remaining $80 from them to buy the car with the promise I'd pay the money back from my summer job. I got the car and when in to work the next day only to be let go. They claimed business was slowing down.

I tried to give my dad the money I owed from my last pay check but he refused to take it. So.......... even these 35 years later my mother claimes the car is still their's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
parents

Like Mike both of my parents are gone but not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Would love to have shared my 57 with my dad, he is responsible for teaching me everything mechanical since while growing up, if I broke something like a clutch or tranny in my 55, he might help me find the part but it was up to me to lay on my back in the yard ( didn't have anything more than a bumper jack ) and fix it myself. I appreciate every lesson he taught me.Take care of them and spend time while they are here it is time that can not be replaced.
Earl:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Tim,
Good for you my hat is off to you.
I tell my children that their time is the best gift they can give me. Make the most of this life spend time with your family and friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts