Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this for the 56 as part of the winter extreme make over for the Missus. I have to say it was worth every penny and brings high tech to the dash. I pre-ordered in September and got one of the first built in October. VERY high quality product, super easy to install and the computer located very nicely strapped to the dash support rods right behind it and great for brining all the wires in. I also got the gear selection decoder so it reads out on screen. Only downside was I had to upgrade all trim to look as good too!

Attachments

68,758 Posts
beauty, looks great rusty. :five: ...............got it "for the missus". :stupido2: wonder if that would work on my wife?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
WOW.Very nice..:congrats:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Chevman - tell me how you got the picture larger in your reply? I've been shrinking them down with photo sizer to meet the specs for attachments but see a lot of other guys getting full size pics in their threads. Are you just copy / pasting?

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
That dash looks real good in there Rusty... Later, Dave

·
12,256 Posts
Do you have a pic of the gauges with the lights turned off? I assume they only light up when the headlights are on, correct?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It lights up for daytime driving and dims when you turn on the headlights. It can be programmed to your choice of brightness level for both or you can purchase their dimmer control. I find the two settings work just fine for me and didnt want to put another knob on the dash. There are so many functions built into the message center including programmable speedo, 0-60 ET, trip ODO's, etc. I put the two program buttons on the bottom edge of the dash where I could get to them easily but keep out of sight.

The Missus really likes it because it works as good has her daily driver Infiniti and the speedo needle wont be bouncing down the road anymore! Even has low fuel warning.

Attaching a pic with the lights off

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts