Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in to the hospital for another litho to bust up kidney stones again in the morning. This will be the second surgery in the past 30 day's. Seems i have 3 large stones in the left kidney and it may take several litho's over the next few months to get rid of them. If i do it will be the first time i have been free of stones in years. Wish me luck !

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Good luck with your surgery... Mend fast... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,749 Posts
Troy :anim_25: my friend

7,082 Posts
Had one 30 yrs ago, luckily did not require surgery. Pretty awful, none since. Wish you all the best. :anim_25: :bowtier:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Kidney stones are nasty and downright painful...:anim_25: with the surgery...speedy recovery :shakehands:

Eugene

·
Registered
530 Posts
Man, I sympathize the pain is indescribable even morphine barley dulls the pain when it hits. I also had to get lithotripsy to rid of myself of stones. I cannot believe you have been dealing with the situation for years and I thought I was a tough guy. My mistake was I didn't get a second opinion if you haven't do so. I fired my first urologist he was completely worthless with a tude. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Wish you all the best and a full and speedy recovery, GREEN 56!

G-d bless,

Harry

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Can sure sympathize, have had recurring stones for 40 years (first one in '71). Never had the lito, mine are small enough to pass, hurts like heck anyway. Let us know how "they come out", so to speak. Yea, I've had endure these silly jokes for years about having stones, most I won't repeat on here.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
When I had first had them in '71, the doctor said drink a couple of beers every evening to flush them out. I figured if two was good, then more would be better. I'm still working on them, maybe I don't have any stones left, just the symptoms, but who am I to take a chance and have them stay in there?
I'm a firm believer in being pro-active here! :beerglass:

·
Registered
961 Posts
As survivor of...

three surgeries & over 60 some odd stones I can appreciate what you are going through. More power to ya in getting those lil suckers out. You'll feel like a new man.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Good Luck Troy, Been there and don't want to go back.:flag6: Black

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
feel better. :tu

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank's for all the support guy's. You may not believe this but after all the prep work, Iv's and waiting this morning the litho's computer went down and now i am back home without the proceedure and going to have to re schedule when the machine is fixed. Wasted day for me, but the good side is the stones are currently not trying to move or causing any constant extreme pain or other complications at this point. According to todays Kb ex ray the last litho i had reduced the size and what is left is currently sitting in a non abstuctive area of the kidney. Some people have them now and dont even know it because they are not moving and not in the urinary tract. But as us old pro's at this know when they move you know it ! My normal physical activity level has been drasticly reduced for a couple years now because of this. Cant wait to be stone free once again for the first time in years. All this started about 3 years ago with 3 jelly bean size stones in my left kidney, it was then i also found out i have a horse shoe kidney which means both my left and right kidney's are connected togather from birth which created the horse shoe shape. Rare but not that rare i learned that people with this horse shoe kidney are more prone to getting stones and infections in the urinary tract because of the odd shape and anatomy.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will beer disolve the stones ? These are too big to pass but i have heard that lemon can reduce the size of the stones.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts