Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

New pictures in my garage of my upholstery I picked up today:party0031::party0031::party0031:

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
looks great wakes. bet you can't wait to see it in the car. :party0031:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great wakes. bet you can't wait to see it in the car. :party0031:
Hi: Thanks, it only took the upholstery shop four days, i was very happily surprised. I am trying to register my car right now and it has been ****. I originally brought the car into Canada in 1978 and got customs documents at that time but of course things have changed and I had to go to Border Protection Services to obtain the proper forms. Now I have to go to DMV and get a request ($$$) for an out of province inspection. There is probably 300 plus items that they will be checking, so I have a few more things to do too ensure it passes inspection($$). If it fails for any minor thing I have 10 days to fix it and bring it back for reinspection ($$).Once it passes I have 4 days to register it, if I don"t get it registered I start the process again. Apparently if the car was equipped with it from factory it must be on the car in working order. Learning a lot about of rules and regulations regarding classics in Canada. I am very close though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they are very strict and there is very little tolerance during inspections.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mind if I ask what that set you back?
Hi Semis57: I picked up the interior kit some years ago from a dealer up here and he was having trouble selling it. Got the headliner, door panels, carpet, seat covers, windlaces and visor material for $695.00 CDN. The cost for installation of the covers for the seats,rear armrests, visors was $2,000.00 CDN. My car's original interior color was Coral & Shadow Gray but I couldn't pass on this kit for the price. The Gray and Ivory was available for the Sport Coupe anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts