Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To our friends in Oklahoma.......

We have the TV on and rabbit ears rigged out this evening. Just had a banner across the bottom of the screen indicating several tornadoes in Oklahoma this evening and one of them tracking a bit South? of the bad one last week. Are y'all OK? No further news here as yet......

We will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family

P.S. >>>> Found this on the computer just now......

Oklahoma

Tornado Warning:
Rogers, Nowata, Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, Cleveland, McClain
Tornado Warning:
Washington

Tornado Watch:
Washington, Wagoner, Tulsa, Stephens, Seminole, Rogers, Pottawatomie, Pontotoc, Payne, Pawnee, Ottawa, Osage, Okmulgee, Oklahoma, Okfuskee, Nowata, Noble, Murray, Mayes, McClain, Logan, Lincoln, Kingfisher, Kay, Jefferson, Hughes, Grady, Garvin, Garfield, Creek, Craig, Cotton, Comanche, Cleveland, Carter, Canadian, Caddo, Blaine

Severe Thunderstorm Warning:
Pottawatomie, Oklahoma, McClain, Grady, Cleveland, Canadian
Severe Thunderstorm Warning:
Ottawa, Craig, Creek, Pawnee, Osage
Flash Flood Warning:
Oklahoma, Canadian, Nowata, Pawnee, Creek, Craig

Flood Warning:
Ottawa, Tulsa

Flash Flood Warning:
Washington, Rogers, Osage

Areal Flood Warning:
Le Flore

Flash Flood Watch:
Canadian, Cleveland, Craig, Creek, Garfield, Grant, Haskell, Hughes, Kay, Kingfisher, Latimer, Le Flore, Lincoln, Logan, Mayes, McClain, McIntosh, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pittsburg, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Seminole, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner

Flash Flood Watch:
Adair, Washington, Osage

Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory:
Cherokee, Delaware

P.P.S. >>>> Found this, as well......

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57587040/damage-reported-from-tornado-west-of-oklahoma-city/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/31/us/severe-weather/index.html

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
37,239 Posts
I've been watching all the tech on the weather channel. They can tell where a tornado is and what the path is but they don't know whether it's on the ground or really how bad. They had a storm chaser vehicle get hit by one. At one point it looked like Moore OK was going to get hit again. Don't know how that turned out. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If this keeps up my church and I may not be leaving Monday. Sure hope the disasters end soon. Perhaps more signs of the times

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been watching all the tech on the weather channel. They can tell where a tornado is and what the path is but they don't know whether it's on the ground or really how bad. They had a storm chaser vehicle get hit by one. At one point it looked like Moore OK was going to get hit again. Don't know how that turned out. Scary stuff.
Guess we'll have to see how it all turns out, Rick. Looks like these storms extend from Oklahoma City to St. Louis, Missouri and beyond. Our prayers and well wishes go out to all affected.

As an aside...... I understand hurricane season starts officially tomorrow for us here along the Gulf Coast. Lets hope we don't have another one like Ike come through here anytime soon. The eye of that storm passed directly over our home.

Best regards,

Harry

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rec'd the following E-mail this evening from my friend Bob......

Here in NW Oklahoma we got to watch the storms develop...earlier this afternoon, I said to myself, "It looks like the weather is going to go to (censored)!"

I had no idea how bad it was going to get!!!!

One storm developed directly over Hitchcock, and by the time it was 8 miles West of Kingfisher it dropped a tornado!

All this time, the skies to the West of Hitchcock were blue and cloudless!

I went out about 15 minutes ago...I tried count the lightening flashes, and in about 15 seconds there were more than I could count...I couldn't keep up with all the flashes!!! And they are so far away, we can't hear them....

Ya gotta love Oklahoma...If''n ya don't like the weather, wait a few minutes.........

And...by the by, Oklahoma City bills itself as the "Crossroads of the USA" Right now, Interstates 40, 35 and 44 are closed...traffic is backed up in all directions for miles and miles...cars and tractor trailers are littering the Interstates...flipped over by high straight winds (up to 100 MPH), or tornadoes.
To our friends in Oklahoma......

Very sad to hear of those who didn't make it and those who are injured or have lost their homes or places of employment in these storms. Y'all have really been hit hard up there.

Let us know if there is anything you need. We don't have much, but we'll share what we have with those in need of it.

Best regards and G-d bless,

Harry and Family

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
:p3: prayers sent.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Five taken by the storm last night - Prayers lifted up.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heard from my friend Dennis this morning......

We're all OK here in Edmond; most of the stuff went South of us but the rain and wind kept us up most of the night. Looks like it hit right in Tom's back yard and his front yard too. That one tornado came right down I-40, jumped over Yukon, went South and tore up Will Rogers Air Port and parts of SW OKC and I believe North of Norman. Tom (DZAuto) lives pretty much straight West of the Airport. To my knowledge Mustang wasn't hit, but I'm betting it was tight there. I shut down the computer last night when the rain and lightening got so bad; we got a LOT of rain; they are saying about 7 inches. I guess I can roll up my hoses for another couple of weeks; more coming Wednesday.
G-d bless all affected by these storms. I sincerely hope that this recent bad weather will soon have run its course for the year.

Best regards,

Harry

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heard from Tom (DZAuto) today......

The big ones missed us, but yesterday when another storm came through, we lost a 50-60ft tall cottonwood tree in the front yard.
Glad to hear that Tom and his family came through the storms OK.

Looks like we will be getting some weather down our way later this morning, as well......

Best regards,

Harry

·
Registered
887 Posts
My wife and I left Texas on Friday about noon to visit our son-in-law, daughter and two granddaughters in Yukon. We sit out the storm in the center hallway of their house. The tornado got within about 1.5 miles of the house, lifted up and traveled a few miles before it came back down! Praise God!! They had a few tree limbs broken in their yard but all else was fine. I toured the area and lots of trees and fences down, a few roofs gone but no major damage in Yukon. The death toll for Friday evening is at 12 last I heard. 3 storm spotters were killed when their vehicle was destroyed by the tornado.

We are back in Texas, which used to be Tornado Alley... I think it is now Oklahoma.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts