· Administrator & Tech Articles
55,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
557 Posts
nice story

· Registered
2,667 Posts
I was just gonna read the first few pages........but it sucked me in. I read all 19. Great story. I would not have trusted that trans after it first acted up...........but, I'd have had other problems, I'm sure.

· Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Route 66!!

Thanks David, That was a great story with great photos!:)

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Yeah, I read that a while back. It was funny how they got to Memphis...and back....

· Registered
123 Posts
Doesn't hurt to start your trip in a shop with a lift and at least a grand worth of new parts, bring along a mechanic / master fabricator, and have a rolodex full of aftermarket parts industry contacts.

Before I went to pick up my 57 wagon in Austin and drive it back to California, I called a friend of mine who buys old diesel Mercedes and drives them from wherever they are back to CA to restore and asked him for advice on what to bring. His advice was:

1. Get AAA Premium

· Registered
951 Posts
Doesn't hurt to start your trip in a shop with a lift and at least a grand worth of new parts, bring along a mechanic / master fabricator, and have a rolodex full of aftermarket parts industry contacts.

Before I went to pick up my 57 wagon in Austin and drive it back to California, I called a friend of mine who buys old diesel Mercedes and drives them from wherever they are back to CA to restore and asked him for advice on what to bring. His advice was:

1. Get AAA Premium
Just checked the difference between classic and premium. $55 more to upgrade. I'll definitely be upgrading before we go on our next big trip. It would pay for itself with the first tow over 7 miles. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.