Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Moultrie, Georgia swap meet and car coral. Fun time with my oldest son. We shot a few pictures of my favorites to share with you guys. I bought a few old parts (window regulators, dash pieces, etc.) and ALMOST walked away with a 2-door 58 Biscayne. The car was solid as a rock, 327 4-speed, nice stainless, new interior and could have got the car for 6K! It needed a paint job but didn't look too bad as-is. Just thinking about which kid to sell so I can get it...(just kidding:)) I'm happy to report that there were not too many deals on the cars this year. Last year you could have bought some nice cars in the 15-20K range. This year, not so. All the good stuff was 25K+ and several in the 50K range! Hold on to your cars guys....there's still hope! JIM.:wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just returned home from the swap meet myself. It was a great event with lots to see. Did anyone see the 55' Nomad. I spoke with the owner's father and he showed me photos of them pulling this car out of an old storage building. It was an all original car that had been last driven in 1966. It was purchased by the current owner in 2002 and it was in amazing shape. Unfortunately, they had decided to update it with a late model small block. His dad and I could not understand why someone would devalue such a great find like this. It was still a very nice car but to me it was worth more as an all original Nomad. Oh well, it is his car so...........

68,758 Posts
looks like a fun and great day jim. thanks for pics. :five: ...............a day with the son, can 't beat that too. :tu

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
We just got back last night!
What a great swapmeet and car sale.
Wife and I walked till our legs were hurting and didn't have the energy to go any farther.
I bought most of the parts I've been wanting,including full floors and trunk floor for my 57.Floors for my 67 Impala.Found a couple good deals.Tons of small parts. Watched some kids racing motorized ice-chests after closing.
We were parked by the entrance to the car corral and got to see most of the cars/trucks etc. coming and going.
Alll in all,we had a great time!
Mike.:bowtieb::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts