Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I may be blind but I can't seem to see any decent threads anywhere on the net regarding lsx mounts for the 3100 task force series trucks does anybody have some good detailed pics or thread links?

Cheers

Nick:p3:

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
i'll move it back to top for you. :anim_25:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you have original chassis or does the truck have front clip from other donor car?
There are heaps of mounts for Camaro style front clips etc

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
get mounts for a "regular" SBC then Speedway has the flat plate adapter to bolt the LS motor to the SBC mounts. The regular SBC bellhousing bolts up then all you need is an adapter flexplate (automatic) or the correct flywheel (stick and clutch tranny). F.I. comes with the engine (?) but you'll have to figure out a fuelpump. Put the gas tank behind the axle/use a mid 90's Blazer/Suburbon gas tank................

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
im using a stock napco frame but doing a complete custom build into a wheeler, so the frame is boxed and bobbed 15" at the rear, 3 link front triangulated 4 link rear, coilovers, LQ4/NV4500/D300.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds very sexy!

I started out really wanting to build a tough 4wd, go anywhere truck. After looking at many, many, many frames, I ended up going diesel 2wd + OD for reliability and ease of service.

I am excited to see you bobbed truck! My next vehicle is going to be a Bobbed Deuce with a cummins swap. That will satisfy my off road capability. Lol.

Do you have some pics of the parts collected or the project so far?

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts