Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like we may have sold our house, will know for sure in a week or so. I have 2 cars, my 55 chevy and a 2001 PT Cruiser that I need to have hauled from Dandridge, Tn to Port Charlotte, Florida which is 810 miles. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on who or how to get the cars hauled to Florida. Any idea on what the typical charge would be?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Fifty-five chevy

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Try Uship.com for an instant quote from several companies, I've used them twice and had good results, you can read the reviews of the different shippers. They also have an Ebay type bid from haulers if you want a low price quote.

·
Administrator
66,076 Posts
There is a member that hauls cars, name doesnt come to mind but he has a pic in his avatar, maybe someone may know.

Another member recently Stezza just had a car hauled.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Well, it looks like we may have sold our house, will know for sure in a week or so. I have 2 cars, my 55 chevy and a 2001 PT Cruiser that I need to have hauled from Dandridge, Tn to Port Charlotte, Florida which is 810 miles. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on who or how to get the cars hauled to Florida. Any idea on what the typical charge would be?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Fifty-five chevy
When I moved from Baltimore, MD to the Tampa, FL area in 2009, I had 3 cars transported by Thomas Sunday Transport. They are based in/around the Carlisle, PA area.

I had my 63 and 69 Corvettes plus my 56 Chevy moved.

Cost at that time was about $2000. IIRC.

It is roughly 1000 miles from my old house to my new place.

I was very pleased with their service.

http://www.sundayautotransport.com/

Chuck

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
As a suggestion, try the search button. I think you'll find some threads with good info on shippers. As for cost: in '01 had my '57 shipped from S.C.-$1200.00, '08 had my '56 shipped from Montana-$1800.00 and Feb. of this year had my '64 shipped from Louisiana-$1390.00. All shipped to NY. My experience has been that cheaper is not always better and try and get them to commit to a time table for pickup and delivery. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
That would make a great "take your time" drive. I have a friend in dallas area that drives his 55's back & forth to Chattanooga. He runs 60 to 65....has a ball.:tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts