Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Oh no! Nothing but the bad news nowadays...bummer! One of the last quality product brands IMO....markets are full of all kind of offshore junk and soon you can't anything good...its a crying shame.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
At least they are filing to reorganize, unlike Crane who simply closed the doors before S&S brought them back to life a year or two later.

This is what happens when American (and I use the term loosely) importers bring in millions of Chinese MSD clone distributors with red caps, and hot rodders buy junk $50 distributors from companies like Skip White. Shame on Summit Controls and Jeg's, too, for selling similar stuff.

I have used MSD products and installed them in friends' cars since the late 1980s, and have NEVER had a failure. My 55's 327 has been running their fantastic Digital E-Curve distributor for 5-6 years. I have also used their 8360 and 8361 distributors, as well as their 6A box and GM HEI modules, coils, rotors and caps. Even their imported Street Fire large-body HEI is a couple steps above the no-name products.

Here's to MSD keeping the company alive and profitable.:tu (Although I know profit is seen as something evil these days.)

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
The article indicated business as usual when they emerge from bankruptcy by the end of 2013. Meanwhile, somebody will get screwed.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The article indicated business as usual when they emerge from bankruptcy by the end of 2013. Meanwhile, somebody will get screwed.
Yep, probably some creditors. Happens to my company occasionally. Unfortunately, it's a part of doing business.

Now if you're an investor in a solar panel company and they go bankrupt, you will be made whole by the government. Well, at least that's the case if you contribute to the right candidates.

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, probably some creditors. Happens to my company occasionally. Unfortunately, it's a part of doing business.

Now if you're an investor in a solar panel company and they go bankrupt, you will be made whole by the government. Well, at least that's the case if you contribute to the right candidates.
:winking0070: :anim_59:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts