Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Yes, what would you like to know? Our shop in Arkansas was from them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ususal stuff; quality, customer service, did it go together easy, any issues? Would you buy again? Things you would do different if you did it again?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
If you can build it yourself, you can save some money. (IE weld up the frame)..I have bought a lot from mueller. My Shop came from them in a kit. If I was to do it now (I am a much better welder now), I would design,build it myself.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DCS13,
Thanks, but I'm sure I could get it permitted doing the welding myself without having to have all the engineering drafted up and approved. Are you happy with their product?

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Well,

The ususal stuff; quality, customer service, did it go together easy, any issues? Would you buy again? Things you would do different if you did it again?
Thanks.
It is still standing after 18 years. Went up in 1 1/2 days including OH Door and entry door. As far as quality, it is better than some, but not as good as the one I did here in Texas (new shop), but then that's what I do now, so my American Buildings Co. building is a far better product as far as I am concerned. Had I not received the great discount I did, They would have sold me another one. Get as thick of insulation as you can afford. Get their reflective white roof material rather than galvalume.

Other than that, a good product.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Me and my neighbor both bought metal buildings this year. He got his from Mueller and I got mine from Rhino. They look almost exactly alike other than color. I didn't know this at the time but Rhino is just a reseller of metal buildings. When mine was delivered it actually came from Shulte Buildings.

I went down to Mueller which was also down the road to buy some extra metal to make another opening and talked to the salesman. I think there stuff actually comes from the same manufacturer as the Shulte stuff does.

After speaking to another guy about adding a cupola, I am actually starting to think these buildings are all stamped at the same factories around the country and sold to dealers. Only difference seems to be in the specs and engineered drawings.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lift is a definite!! I'm tired of being on my back and dealing with jacks & stands all the time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at the pricing between Mueller, Schulte, and Rhino, it looks like Mueller is a tad bit cheaper, but I'll have to check on shipping costs also.

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
Please

Looking at the pricing between Mueller, Schulte, and Rhino, it looks like Mueller is a tad bit cheaper, but I'll have to check on shipping costs also.
understand this. "Cheaper" constitutes less steel. Lighter weight, less cost and less freight also. My warning to you is this: Look at the tonnage. Look at roof and wall sheet gauge. If they are the same, then the column and rafter sizing is the difference.

Aa a matter of interest, only because this is what I do for a real paycheck, what size are you looking at? Width, Length and eave height. What wall panel gauge and form (R)? What roof panel (R)? Do you want weather tightness, if so, the supplier has to have authorized erectors. Overhead door? Size? Entry door? Quantity? Also, DO NOT USE CHICKEN WIRE to hold the insulation in place. Get what is known as WMP-50 heavy duty vinyl backing.

Roof ventilators? Wall Vents? All of these things will make your cost go up or down.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mueller is the best IMHO

I've always used Mueller if I could. They actually roll their own sheet metal panels, and their Kits are great...easy bolt up.

We should see about getting them as a Sponsor??????

I drove to Texas from Kentucky to get father in laws building and got better material and saved money also.

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
Years ago Muellers manufactured their own steel sheeting. I bought my steel from them when the only had a yard in Ballinger,Tx. My stuff was loaded in the building where it was stored right from being made in the building next door, saw the rolls of flat sheet before it was formed.
Terry

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought a steel building from Advantage Steel Buildings in Little Rock AR. But, it was manufactured in Huston Texas, and delivered with another customers load. Even though it was color coded on the tags, some of the tags had blown off and I had to measure the pieces to be sure I was getting the right materials. You may have guessed, some of the wrong unmarked parts were left at my place since I wrongly thought it was part of my roof, and then I had to reload the parts on a semi. I had rented a fork lift earlier and did not have it when a different driver returned. They should have sent a pickup truck to get it, because the driver and I had to slide the parts up a makeshift ramp I built to get him loaded. I got a call later if anything else had been left because the other customer couldn't find the rest of his material. I walked through each part number on the phone to the representative at Advantage. Would I get another steel building, yes, from them? No.
Be sure and double check your load.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you guys dont mind may I ask if anyone knows what a 40x60 would cost with building , doors and slab? I know there are a lot of variables there, just a rough idea would start me in the right direction

·
Registered
174 Posts
With the end of the year fast approaching, now might be the time for better pricing as manufacturers/dealers might be trying to up their end of the year numbers, just a thought?

Concrete in the NW is right around a $100.00 per yard.

Gotta go, I hear the thanksgiving leftovers calling my name!!:happy0030:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts