Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my Flowmaster Delta 50's in the mail today, so excited!!!! I'm going to have them installed on Friday, now my question is.....how much should I expect to pay to have both mufflers installed, along with an H balance pipe? I already have the mufflers, just having them do the install and putting an H pipe in as well.

Thanks,
Morgan

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Well you're in California, so tradition dictates you just hand over your wallet.
Seriously, if I recall, I was charged for each weld, maybe $20 and each section of pipe plus brackets. I think I walked away paying between $300 and $400 ( I supplied the mufflers). This was in the mid 80s. I'm sure someone has more recent info.
Good luck. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you're in California, so tradition dictates you just hand over your wallet.
Seriously, if I recall, I was charged for each weld, maybe $20 and each section of pipe plus brackets. I think I walked away paying between $300 and $400 ( I supplied the mufflers). This was in the mid 80s. I'm sure someone has more recent info.
Good luck. :)

With all due respect.....I think you might have gotten ripped off, that seems really high, especially considering you supplied the mufflers. But maybe I'm wrong, I was thinking it'd cost me around $150 to 200.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The sections of pipe plus brackets, flanges or collectors, chrome tips plus labor - maybe 200 to 275 would be average around here.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I paid $135 to have mine done from the headers all the way back, 2 1/2 pipe, no x or h pipe and I supplied the mufflers. Installation price seems to vary by location according to the previous posts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you know someone with a welder, it could be done for under 50 bucks + a case of beer. Materials are not expensive.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
Phil I went to a place in Livermore a couple years ago and for like $300.00 he did headers to bumper 2.5 pipe plus the cost of mufflers.

Randy

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Morgan, as stated the price can vary depending on area and shop.
Why not just call a few muffler shops in your area and ask them?

Let us know what you end up paying?

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Mine was done a couple of years ago, $300 for mandrel bent 3" from headers back with X crossover and I supplied the Super 40 mufflers and I got chrome tips.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'm going with the H-pipe, heard it makes the car sound more like a hot rod
I wanted to on my '55 but with the long tube Hookers there just wasn't any room...an H or X pipe does mellow out the Flowmaster 40's, at least a friend of mines '56 sounds more mellow than mine but he is running short headers too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts