Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nice deep sounding muffler. Does anyone have a magnaflow exhaust and would they recommend them... Thanks, Mike

Is the Chit Chat area the correct place to ask this question

bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
186 Posts
muffler

I am looking for a nice deep sounding muffler. Does anyone have a magnaflow exhaust and would they recommend them... Thanks, Mike

bowtie-trifive
i have duel fow masters. love the sound.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Flowmasters sound good but have a metallic or tinny sound, Don't get me wrong, they sound good. I think the Super 40's would be the deepest tone in that line of mufflers.

Magna-flow is deep like a glasspack but without the cackle.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
every car I put flowmasters on.

I removed them shortly there after. they drone inside! and no way can you talk to anyone in the car.
walker super turbo are quiet,
I have magnaflow on the turbo buick,nice tone, not to loud, NO DRONE, and do give a throaty sound.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I have put Flowmasters on all my previous cars but put Magnaflow on the 57. I wish I had found Magnaflow before now, they sound much better.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
My next ones will be what I have on my Silverado (3 chamber flows) that have a good mellow sound....although it'll be a while because I like my noise. :sign0020:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
678 Posts
Flowmaster 50 Series HD Muffler

Instead of the 40s, 3 chambers and no drone on the highway. These came highly recommended bought them from Summit. Installed about 1.5 months ago. I did the before video and I will do the after vid shortly. Like the man says though it is all personal taste.bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Would love to hear a 50 series on a stock manifold 235...not on a split headers/dual pipe setup...

Anyone try the Hushpower, or DBX Series on a stock 235?

...looking for a slightly quieter option for my '64 over a glasspack/cherry bomb...

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Would love to hear a 50 series on a stock manifold 235...not on a split headers/dual pipe setup...

Anyone try the Hushpower, or DBX Series on a stock 235?

...looking for a slightly quieter option for my '64 over a glasspack/cherry bomb...
I have hushpower II's but do not care for the sound and they too have a drone in the car. Not a real high priority but am thinking of replacing them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
if you want a deep sounding muffler...get a deep sounding motor. cubic inches...they tend to make a deeper sound through any kind of muffler. but on the real...40 series flow masters do drone...it's all personal preference after that. i'm liking my cherry bombs at the moment cackle and all.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts

bowtie-trifive
Flowmasters are the way to go. Love the sound. Jim

·
Registered
539 Posts
D.N. 55

Very nice Video's!... I hear you. Living the good like driving down the 2 lane black top....

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I have Magnaflows on my wagon, Ram Horn exhaust manifolds and pipes straight out the back. I wanted quite inside without the drone, especially being a wagon. Sounds great on the exterior, love the sound.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Had a well known builder from the USA drop in to check out my car with a mutual friend of ours yesterday. When he saw the exhaust system he asked what mufflers are those? I told him and he said he had never used the Hooker Aero Chambers before. I fired it up and within 60 seconds he quickly said he'll be using these with a few of his upcoming builds. The mutual friend of ours had been out for a ride with me last Saturday and was amazed that we could talk normally within the car at 65mph with virtually no noise. Until I made a u-turn and mashed the fun pedal on a 10 second rip to 130mph.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/hooker-aero-chamber-mufflers

You guys should seriously check out the Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers. Best I have ever heard. No drone, no crackle or popping when you lift off, and very quiet when your just cruising at part throttle. If you have some decent power in your car, you'll quickly realize that they're only quiet until its wide open throttle. Then they're loud and have a very low and deep sound while you walk on the car. I think they were right at the top on Dyno Testing as well, so they perform excellently.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts