Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I’m getting ready to send my radiator to Mikey to have him do his magic on it. He restored our batwing air cleaner I wanted the radiator and batwing to match when you open the hood. I’m building a wood crate to ship it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
What will you have him do? Just cleaning and painting? New core?
I think it has a new core but I’m not sure my dad bought it 15 years ago with a 2 semi loads of car parts. Mike will clean it up make sure the core is good and paint it.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Here are some of options that we are putting on our car.

Power steering

Power brake

Spinner hubcaps

Halo mirrors

And the newest thing that we just found yesterday a autronic eye

Some other options we are putting on the car that I don’t have pictures of are.
  • Rocker moldings
  • Dual antenna (RH power)
  • Door handle guards
  • Sun visor mirror
  • Day and night mirror
  • Wonder bar radio
  • Rear speaker
  • Lighted lighter
  • 3rd note horn

Some options that we are still looking for are.
  • Dash compass
  • Continental kit
  • Windshield washer
  • Power windows
  • Power seats
  • EZI glass
  • Hood engine light
  • Truck light
  • Back up light
  • Windshield sun visor (if I can convince my dad into it)
  • Possibly a padded dash we haven’t made our mind up yet.
You should put an optional turboglide transmission in it if you want rare (different) options.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Stephen, You are making great progress. Wondering if you have a photo of the
Autronic Eye with the holes filed out and it fitted to the dash? I am in the process of installing the Eye I bought from Mikey. I just want to be sure I have it placed properly.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
You should put an optional turboglide transmission in it if you want rare (different) options.
We thought about that but couldn’t find one when it came time to restore the engine and transmission so we had our power glide restored

Reactions: jmg283

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Stephen, You are making great progress. Wondering if you have a photo of the
Autronic Eye with the holes filed out and it fitted to the dash? I am in the process of installing the Eye I bought from Mikey. I just want to be sure I have it placed properly.
I haven’t been over in a few days to check on the car so I don’t I’m sorry. It’s hard to find good pictures of a Autronic eye on these cars when the car is painted and before the windshield goes in I plan to take a lot of picture to share on line of it.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I haven’t been over in a few days to check on the car so I don’t I’m sorry. It’s hard to find good pictures of a Autronic eye on these cars when the car is painted and before the windshield goes in I plan to take a lot of picture to share on line of it.

Thanks, I think I have it figured out.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
I disassembled the Autronic eye today so it can get painted. Our guy is painting the trunk tomorrow and I asked if he could paint the eye while he was at it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
And the radiator is off ready for Mikey to do his magic on it.

I also sent off 2 treadle vacs to be restored today I told them to use the best parts between the 2 to make 1 can’t wait to get that back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
The inside of the trunk has been painted and the trunk inserts have been put in. We are going to apply a overspray on top of the inserts along with a stencil number the stencil will be a different font but you can see the number we have picked witch from what we can tell it was the number that was on the truck originally

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
I have read just about everything Mikey has posted on his restorations and how to do things. I have also watched his restorations of parts some of the fellas here have sent to him. And you know its not like you can tell the artist what he is to do. The artist has to be left to do what the artist does and of course, the proof is always in the pudding, including the parts Mikey has helped me with. Always impressive and just terrific. Sometimes, I can come sort of close to mimicking some small things Mikey has done myself by watching his methods, but never never really close enough lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 · (Edited)
I have read just about everything Mikey has posted on his restorations and how to do things. I have also watched his restorations of parts some of the fellas here have sent to him. And you know its not like you can tell the artist what he is to do. The artist has to be left to do what the artist does and of course, the proof is always in the pudding, including the parts Mikey has helped me with. Always impressive and just terrific. Sometimes, I can come sort of close to mimicking some small things Mikey has done myself by watching his methods, but never never really close enough lol.
Mikey has done a lot of stuff for our car and I’m sure they will be a few more before this project is done but he isn’t doing the body work or painting this car a local guy in our home town of Kaysville Utah is doing the body work and paint. His name is Larry Gale and has been working with cars for 55 years. He painted and did the body work for my dads 56 18 years ago

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 · (Edited)
I need some help I just installed my fuel and brake lines on my 57. The fuel lines are in the correct spot but when I go to connect the rubber to the gas line it almost bends in half both lines are from shafers am I missing something or does someone else make a shorter hose

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
Steve, I ask the question only because while I agree you have the correct pump, its either clocked incorrectly, or as upsrod has suggested, you are missing a fitting, or the fuel line is bent incorrectly. At least that is what it looks like to me. Just as an aside, when I got my new fuel lines for the 6 motor, they were made just a bit too long. I had to bend them a bit to sort of shorten them up with a couple of well placed bends.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts